Very Vital Advice
We have written these absolutely vital instructions to help you / your clients prepare for your trip with us. Please read them carefully.
- Make your international travel bookings early. Flights to Delhi are often very full. Your travel plans MUST have you arriving in Delhi no later than midnight Friday night / 1 am on Saturday morning and leaving preferably after midnight the following Saturday night / Sunday morning. Upon your arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, you will be met by our representative after passing through customs and immigration. He will be standing in the arrival hall with a signboard bearing the HHA logo and your name. Transport will be waiting and you will be escorted to your hotel.
- Domestic Travel: On early Saturday morning you will be picked up from your hotel for the domestic flight toward Manali. Our Delhi representative will inform you about the time he will meet you in the hotel lobby. Please pack all sharp objects, batteries, cigarette lighters and liquids in your checked baggage as Indian flight security can be sticky about these things. The check-in baggage weight limit on this flight is 15 kilos, due to the size of the aircraft. Because of this limit we have arranged overland transport for all baggage over 15 kg. Please bring two bags with you so that prior to the domestic flight you can pack one bag of 15 kg to take to the airport, and the other bag for road transport. We usually transfer all guests from New Delhi to Manali by scheduled flights. However, bad weather at Manali (Kullu) airport may lead to a shut down of the flight operations, and guests should be prepared to undertake a large portion of the trip overland. Should this be the case, we will organise the most efficient transfer possible, which can involve a combination of scheduled flight, road and train travel. Those who have made this trip have commented that they enjoyed the opportunity to see rural Indian countryside, which is both picturesque and very interesting.
- Fill out the “Guest Service Form” and mail it to us straight away. This is the form by means of which you provide us with your arrival and other crucial information we need to facilitate your trip.
- The “Medical Form” which you will find attached with this document must be filled out, signed and emailed to: email@example.com. The "Waiver Form" can be filled out and signed upon your arrival in Manali.
- Please book your Hotel in Delhi on your own and early enough. If needed we can assist you. We strongly recommend booking a hotel at Aerocity. It is just a short drive from the airport to the hotels there and thus ensures very short transfers to the terminals and eliminates the risk of getting stuck in a traffic jam between downtown Delhi and the airport. Please inform us which hotel you have booked.
- Do not delay applying for your Indian visa. Indian embassies / consulates can take their time to process visas. Citizens of some countries can apply for an ETourist Visa online. For a list of eligible countries whose citizens can apply and to access the online e-tourist visa form please visit: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
- Ask your doctor about immunization and health advice for travel to India.
- Make sure you have a trip cancellation insurance and take note of our cancellation policy. For your own protection, HHA strongly insists on purchasing a trip cancellation and repatriation insurance as soon as you complete your booking with us. For cancellation insurances, please check with your travel agent when making your international travel arrangements. If you cancel your trip earlier than twelve weeks before your departure date, we will refund your payments less your nonrefundable deposit. After the twelve-week deadline, no refunds will be made. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, HHA is forced to cancel your trip, we will give you a full credit in one of the following three years as well as adding free unlimited extra vertical to that booking. Due to foreign exchange regulations in India, we will not be in a position to offer any refunds in these cases. HHA must schedule expensive helicopters, block lodging and make transportation reservations months in advance. There will be no exceptions. We appreciate your understanding and acceptance. Refunds are given only for the inability to fly due to poor weather or mechanical breakdown. See ski packages for details on refund rates. No refund will be made for hours/days/verticals not used due to late arrival, early departure, illness or unwillingness to continue skiing. All decisions to fly and ski are based upon current or predicted weather, snow and avalanche hazard conditions. The guides reserve the right to restrict or deny skiing at any time. As a guest you recognize, accept, and agree to abide by all decisions made by our guides. This policy is designed for your own safety and skiing enjoyment.
- Make arrangements for the transfer of your balance payment. Final payment needs to be made upon receipt of our invoice.